In everything we do, we are guided by our values
We use these four values as guiding lights to inform everything we do at Bromley Healthcare: the decisions we make as an organisation, how we grow and nurture our culture, and crucially, how we work together and provide the best healthcare and experience for the people we serve every day.
Compassion wraps around everything. We put people first and act with empathy and kindness in everything that we do.
Colleagues across the organisation worked together to choose these four core values that are our guiding principles, driving us towards our goals and vision (see Our strategy). We asked our colleagues what the values meant to them:
- Our people: We empower our colleagues to flourish and feel safe in a place where equity is embedded and inclusivity is recognised and celebrated.
- Our communities: We provide accessible, equitable and inclusive healthcare for all, and work with local people and communities to focus on their needs.
"Belonging to me is, being able to come into work and speak to anybody no matter what their role. A safe space where we can all interact, build relationships, friendships. A place we come when we’re happy and that happiness we can then transcend into the communities that we support."
Tilly Majekodunmi, Head of Prescribing and Medicines Management
- Our people: We maintain a work/life balance and encourage others to do the same, and prioritise workplace wellness that helps colleagues to feel at their physical and mental best.
- Our communities: We see the whole picture of someone’s health and do everything we can provide care around people’s wider health and wellbeing.
"For me, health and wellbeing is supporting colleagues to live healthy lives with a good work-life balance. It includes all the initiatives that Bromley Healthcare provides, including the healthy breakfasts. Its all about feeling psychologically safe at work, in order to be able to raise concerns"
Sarah Medford, Clinical Lead for Talk Together Bromley
- Our people: we embrace learning, quality improvement and innovation in aspiring to be the best that we can be.
- Our communities: we aim to be at the forefront of care innovation, bringing the best quality care to our communities.
"For me it's extremely important and it’s something I have a passion for because continuous improvement you can do your role and you can do it very well, however, we work in a field and also in an environment where there is always innovation taking place. There’s always technology advances that are helping us or clinicians, whether your clinical or non-clinical, that help you do your role a lot more productively."
Ash Kyasima-Migadde, Digital Skills Manager
- Compassion wraps around everything. We put people first and act with empathy and kindness in everything that we do.
"What it looks like to me is love in action. And that’s what I see from those above me and those around me and I have purpose to put that love towards my patients as well as my colleagues."
Frank Hall, Tissue Viability Nurse
Take a look at our video: