How do I complain about my GP

If you disagree with the way your GP wants to treat you, or you’re unhappy about the service provided by your GP surgery, tell them openly. However, if you feel unable to do so or you’re unhappy with the response you receive, you may wish to make a complaint.

All GP surgeries should have a written complaints procedure, and you will find this at reception or on the practice website.

As a first step, speak to the practice manager. You can also complain to the practice in writing, or by email.

However, if you feel too uncomfortable to complain to the practice manager directly then you can make a complaint to the commissioner of the services instead. NHS England is responsible for purchasing primary care services such as GPs, dentists, pharmacists, optical services and some specialised services, and you should contact them if you wish to complain about any of these services.