Community healthcare provider Bromley Healthcare has been shortlisted for 3 prestigious awards. Locally the organisation have been recognised through the Bromley Business Awards and nationally through the Laing Buisson and Health Service Journal Awards
Laing and Buisson Awards 2015
Bromley Healthcare’s Executive Team, led by CEO Jonathan Lewis, has been shortlisted for the second year running. The team have been nominated for the Management Excellence Award for their leadership and focus on continuous innovation.
These awards run by Laing Buisson celebrate excellence in independent and third sector healthcare.
Specifically, the team have developed an innovative approach to whole organisation and service development, a Systematic Improvement Methodology (SIM) that is allowing us to deliver higher quality, more consistent care to patients, better value to Commissioners and sustainable growth. The SIM comprises three core elements:
1) Increasing and standardising Clinical quality
2) Building staff engagement
3) Increasing performance and productivity
Here are some of the impacts we have achieved with the SIM to date:
- District Nursing appointments increased by 40%
- Reduction in leg ulcer healing rates from 21 weeks to 5
- Dramatic reductions in DNAs (Did Not Attends) from 13% to 4%
- Achieved 7% annual growth in 2014/15 after 10% growth in 2013/14
- Reduced recruitment times from 60 days to 38 (below NHS and CIPD averages)
None of this has come at the expense of compassionate care – 98% of those that have used our services would recommend us to their friends and family (highest in London).
Winners will be announced at the Lancaster Hotel in London on 11th November 2015, please visit http://www.laingbuissonawards.co.uk/ for more information
HSJ Awards 2015
These awards are hosted by the Health Services Journal (“HSJ”) – the best news source covering the health service. The awards celebrate real commitment and dedication to people-centred care.
We have been shortlisted for the Compassionate Care category – for the ongoing commitment of our Hollybank centre. This centre provides enjoyable planned residential short breaks to young people between the ages of 5 to 17 years who have complex health care needs, physical disabilities, learning disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and associated challenging behaviours.
Some of the key service highlights include:
- Implementation of the unique and holistic ‘My Plan’ initiative which is plan written as if by the young person themselves. It captures all aspects of care including health, leisure and education as well as their likes and dislikes which are often forgotten in other plans.
- Sharing of good practice across London within similar services
- Person-centred approach and ethos easily transferrable to other care settings
- Ofsted report rated as ‘Good with outstanding features’
- 100% of patients are likely or extremely likely to recommend this service
Bromley Business Awards
We have been chosen as a finalist in the Bromley Business Awards, celebrating business success across the London Borough of Bromley.
We are finalists in the Innovation and Growth category, having successfully demonstrated evidence of innovations to improve the care we deliver to patients and shown the impact this is having on our performance as a business.
The judges have been impressed by our commitment to the community and the fact that 98% of those that have used our services would recommend us to their friends and family (highest in London). This is alongside our ability to demonstrate that our business growth is sustainable in the long term.
For more information contact Paula Larder or Robert Frampton in our media office on 020 8315 8880 or email email@example.com
Notes for editors:
- About Bromley Healthcare
Bromley Healthcare was established in 2011 as an employee-owned social enterprise that ‘spun-out’ of the NHS. The organisation runs community health services in Bromley, Bexley, Croydon and Lewisham, providing a wide range of services to people of all ages. Services range from health visiting to district nursing, school nurses to specialist nurses, therapy services for adults and children, urgent care centres, services to help prevent hospital admissions and also facilitate early hospital discharge.
A leading provider for community health services Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company formed of over 850 people delivering high-quality NHS services, to people of all ages in the local community. The key to its success has been the emphasis it places on maximising best practice from both the private sector and the NHS.
For more information visit www.bromleyhealthcare.org.uk
- Laing and Buisson is a leading information provider in the health and social care sectors.
- The Health Services Journal (HSJ) is one of the best news sources covering the health service.
- The Bromley Business Awards, celebrating business success across the London Borough of Bromley and brings together best practice within the community. Award categories recognise outstanding, local small to medium sized businesses from young to the well established.