Our Executive Team, led by CEO Jonathan Lewis, collected the award for Management Excellence for its leadership and focus on continuous innovation.
These awards run by Laing Buisson celebrate excellence in independent and third sector healthcare.
On collecting the award Jonathan stated; ‘I am delighted that we have been recognised by Laing Buisson for our efforts in leading innovative new ways of delivering standardised, high quality healthcare for our patients.’
Specifically, the team under Jonathan’s leadership has developed an innovative approach to whole organisation and service development, a Systematic Improvement Methodology (SIM) that is allowing us to deliver higher quality, more consistent care to patients, better value to Commissioners and sustainable growth. The SIM comprises three core elements:
1) Increasing and standardising clinical quality
2) Building staff engagement
3) Increasing performance and productivity
Here are some of the impacts we have achieved with the SIM to date:
- District Nursing appointments increased by 40%
- Reduction in leg ulcer healing rates from 21 weeks to 5
- Dramatic reductions in DNAs (Did Not Attends) from 13% to 4%
- Achieved 7% annual growth in 2014/15 after 10% growth in 2013/14
- Reduced recruitment times from 60 days to 38 (below NHS and CIPD averages)
None of this has come at the expense of compassionate care – 98% of those that have used our services would recommend us to their friends and family (highest in London).
Winners were announced at the Lancaster Hotel in London on 11 November 2015, please visit http://www.laingbuissonawards.co.uk/ for more information