We are delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted for three awards.
Laing and Buisson Awards 2015
Our executive team, led by Chief Executive, Jonathan Lewis, has been shortlisted for the Management Excellence Award for its leadership and focus on continuous innovation.
Our Systematic Improvement Methodology (SIM) allows us to deliver higher quality, more consistent care to patients, better value to commissioners and sustainable growth.
Here are some of the impacts to date:
- District nursing appointments increased from 100,000 to 140,000
- Reduction in leg ulcer healing rates from 21 weeks to 5
- Dramatic reductions in DNAs (Did Not Attends) from 13% to 4%
- Won 15 new contracts in 2014/15, achieving 7% annual growth after 10% growth in 2013/14
None of this has come at the expense of compassionate care – 98% of those who have used our services would recommend us to their friends and family (highest in London).
HSJ Awards 2015
These awards are hosted by the Health Services Journal (HSJ) – the best news source covering the health service. The awards celebrate real commitment and dedication to people-centred care.
We have been shortlisted for the Compassionate Care category – for the ongoing commitment of our Hollybank centre. Hollybank provides enjoyable planned residential short breaks to young people between the ages of 5 to 17 years who have complex health care needs, physical disabilities, learning disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and associated challenging behaviours.
Some of the key service highlights include:
- Implementation of the unique and holistic ‘My Plan’ initiative which is a plan written as if by the young person themselves. It captures all aspects of care including health, leisure and education as well as their likes and dislikes which are often forgotten in other plans.
- Sharing of good practice across London within similar services
- Person-centred approach and ethos easily transferrable to other care settings
- Ofsted report rated as ‘Outstanding’
- 100% of patients are likely or extremely likely to recommend this service
Bromley Business Awards 2015
We have been chosen as a finalist in the Bromley Business Awards, celebrating business success across the London Borough of Bromley.
We are finalists in the Innovation and Growth category, having successfully demonstrated evidence of innovations to improve the care we deliver to patients and shown the impact this is having on our performance as a business.
The judges have been impressed by our commitment to the community and the fact that 98% of those who have used our services would recommend us to their friends and family (highest in London). This is alongside our ability to demonstrate that our business growth is sustainable in the long term.