Getting out in the sun is great for your body and mind but only if done so safely! Sunburn or excessive tanning is very damaging and dangerous for your skin and could lead to skin cancer.
Everyone is affected by damage to the skin from sun (no matter your skin colour or tone). So it is incredibly important for everyone to be sun aware!
Sun safety tips:
– spend time in the shade
– make sure you never burn
– cover up with suitable clothing and sunglasses
– take extra care with children
– use at least factor 30 sunscreen
How to deal with sunburn:
– Sponge sore skin with cool water
– Apply soothing aftersun cream/spray
– Painkillers (paracetamol or ibuprofen) will ease the pain
– Stay out of the sun until all signs of redness have gone’
Read more about sun awareness at nhs.uk/live-well/seasonal-health/sunscreen-and-sun-safety