Dietitians Week (20 – 24 June 2022) – Celebrating the impact and value of Dietitians
What is a Dietitian?
Dietitians are experts in nutrition. They apply science and evidence to your personal circumstances to prevent or treat disease and improve health and wellbeing. They will consider a range of factors about you to work towards helping you make the right food choices
What does a Dietitian do?
- Dietitians work in the NHS, in hospitals, in GP surgeries and visiting patients at home
- Dietitians work with top athletes, helping them perform better by adapting their diet to achieve their goals
- Dietitians work in public health, improving diet and nutrition for everyone
- Dietitians work in research discovering new things about food and diet and teaching the next generation
- Dietitians work with industry, influencing the food and drink we buy from the shops and restaurants
- Dietitians work in the media, sorting facts from fiction and improving everyone’s understanding of nutrition science.
What can a Dietitian help you with?
To learn about our Dietetics service, visit bromleyhealthcare.org.uk/explore-our-services/dietitians