DadPad gives new dads and dads-to-be the knowledge and practical skills necessary to support themselves and their partner, so that babies get the best possible start in life.
DadPad helps dads to:
- reduce their own anxiety by getting involved and gaining in confidence.
- learn how to create a strong bond and healthy attachment with their baby.
- build stronger family relationships by sharing the load and learning how to parent together.
- recognise the signs of post-natal depression, and other signs of mental ill-health, in both themselves and their partner, and learn how to get help early.
What topics does DadPad cover?
- The Health Visitor team
- Getting to know your baby
- First Aid
- Child development
- Supporting each other
- Legal information
- Parenting advice and support
- Further information