Due to the Omicron COVID 19 Variant, increased measures will be in place across all of our services and nationally. Please ensure you are wearing an appropriate face covering when attending a face-to-face appointment.
Please see the revised guidance below and please ensure that if you have an appointment with us and have travelled to one of these countries that you make us aware. We may need to move or rebook your appointment.
- On Thursday 25th November, South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zimbabwe and Namibia were added to the UK’s travel red list.
- From 4am on Sunday 28th November, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Angola were also added to the travel red list.
- Non-UK and Irish residents i.e. people who are not normally resident within the UK or Ireland regardless of nationality, who have been in these countries in the previous 10 days will be refused entry into England.
- Those returning from any of these places before 4am on Sunday 28th November must take an NHS PCR on day 2 and day 8 – they must self-isolate for 10 days at home along with their households.
- After 4am Sunday, residents of UK and Ireland returning will have to stay in Managed quarantine Services.
- Anyone who has returned from those areas in the past 10 days should take a PCR – regardless of whether they have booked or used a lateral flow device, and regardless of its result. UKHSA is actively following up with these individuals.