What is Clean Air Day?
Clean Air Day is an award-winning annual campaign. It works to improve public understanding of air pollution both indoors and outdoors and to build awareness of how air pollution affects our health. The campaign also explains some of the easy things we can all do to tackle air pollution, helping to protect the environment and our health too.
What happens on Clean Air Day?
Clean Air Day is co-ordinated by Global Action Plan, and is made possible by partners who help us fund the day, and supporters who help us deliver it.
It’s a day which brings people together across the UK – from schools, businesses, communities and the health sector. It’s a day of action on air quality where people try something different – this could be anything from choosing to travel without a car, to having a little celebration for Clean Air Day to raise awareness.
What will you do on Clean Air Day?
- Ride a bike or walk instead of driving
- Take a bus or carshare
- Buy a car that has greater fuel efficiency
- Turn off lights and appliances when they are not in use
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and appliances
- Buy fewer things that are manufactured using fossil fuels